Wednesday 29 July 2015

The Dark Cloud

If you're reading this, you should know that I almost fell out the window at 3:46 am trying to capture this in my 'camera phone'. I haven't posted a picture of the sky in a while now and I've deleted some previous pictures too..but my addiction for taking pictures of the sky is getting increasingly out of control the longer I try not to take it, the more I seem to need to take more. There isn't even a particular time of day that I prefer the sky, it's almost every minute of the day. I see two clouds overlapping, or a cluster of clouds opening to allow the sun to peep through and sometimes it's just the bare grey sky, or blue and on odd ocassions consists of an ombré hue - before I know it I'm trying to capture the image...I need to realise that beauty can't be trapped in a 2 dimensional, 4 sided frame. That's the thing about beauty, you can never really portray it as well as the eyes see it or reciprocate the vibes your soul feels (especially if you're not even a photographer).

Just as the air, beauty cant be forced into a jar, and even if it has been tricked into the crystal prism, you won't even know if it's actually there or not. I tell myself this every time yet as soon as I look up, my hand will be reaching for my phone which seems to have fallen deep into the labyrinth that is my pocket, to get just one more attempt at stealing a piece of the sky. ▫Beauty is f r e e ▫

If you follow me on Instagram you would probably recall this scribble from a caption I wrote a couple of weeks ago. No I am not posting this on my blog just so that it's saved - on my blog.

After writing this, another thought conjured up in my mind: why is it that we have the abilty to love nature for what it is, without it being altered but don't hold the same rules when it comes to other human beings.

Living in an era that is rapidly changing, where iPads have replaced rattles for children, and we can't go a day without our smart phones, it is true to say that a lot of us are trying to go back to the basics of life, and attempting to rediscover the beauty of the world (even if it is through a camera screen!)

I personally, am trying to reach out to my inner earthling by exploring my love for the outside world, what I like to call - the greener side of life. Which brings me back to my original point, we love the world for what it is, but expect the world's inhabitants to change to the way we want them to be.

Why can't we accept people of all faiths, groups and skin colours the way they are.  We despise society for setting boundaries and false expectations, we hate how society tells us what we should like and dislike, but instead of pushing ourselves over these unwritten rules, we continue to conform to them. So who's to blame, the dark cloud stopping you from living your dreams that we have come to know as 'society' or is it you yourself?

Just a thought...from a inseccant rambler

I would love to hear back from you guys, comments/feedback is always welcomed.

Rimsha

1 comment: